Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
If you want to link two sets of AirPods to one iPhone or iPad or briefly connect another pair of AirPods or Beats headphones to share sound, you’re in the right spot.
Whether it’s watching the same show on apps like Apple TV or Netflix, or listening to the same music on Apple Music or Spotify, here’s how to connect two sets of AirPods to one iPhone or iPad and enjoy the audio together.
You can do this on both the iPhone and iPad. To connect two sets of AirPods or Beats, make sure you have compatible headphones and a compatible device like the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Compatible devices include: iPhone 8 or newer, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) and newer, iPad Pro 11-inch, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad mini (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) and newer, and iPod touch (7th generation).
How To Connect Two AirPods To One iPhone or iPad
To link a second set of AirPods to your iPhone or iPad, simply follow the same steps you used to connect the first pair of AirPods to your device.
Here are the steps to connect a second pair of AirPods to your iPhone or iPad:
- Go to your iPhone or iPad’s Home screen.
- Open the case of your AirPods, or AirPods Pro, or take your AirPods Max out of their Smart Case and hold them near your device for 60 seconds.
- A setup animation will show up.
- Tap ‘Connect’.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Tap ‘Done’.
- Any devices signed into the same iCloud account will automatically recognize the AirPods.
- In your Bluetooth settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, you’ll see both pairs of AirPods listed.
- That’s it!